Tuesday 25 February 2014

Tombstone Tuesday - Milawa cemetery

I am lucky to have found photos of many ancestors and family members headstones.

This post is for the geneabloggers daily blogging prompt, Tombstone Tuesday.

Some sadly no longer exist so I am recording those that do and I'm very grateful to Carol Judkins for all her work photographing and recording headstones.

My 4 x great grandmother, Mary Land, nee Bush, is buried with her young grandson, Robert Joseph Land, at Milawa cemetery, in North East Victoria, Australia.

The old original broken headstone has been replaced by a new one.  I don't know when or by whom as my request to Carol for copies of photos is the first time I have seen them.

The list of cemeteries photographed can be found at  Carol's headstone photos





Mary's husband Joseph died in Norfolk, England in 1852 so Mary came to Australia in 1862 with her daughter, Hephzibah and son in law William Cluff Hulme.  Other family members had earlier already migrated here.

My lineage to Mary Land is as follows:

me
mum - Amelia Joan Fleming (1937 -2012)
grandmother - Daisy Marion Fleming nee Morgan (1908 - 1998)
great grandmother - Ada May Morgan nee Hulme (1884 - 1965)
gg grandfather - Joseph Hulme (1843 - 1920)
ggg grandmother - Hephzibah Hulme nee Land (1815- 1887)
gggg grandmother - Mary Land nee Bush (1786 - 1875)


No comments:

Post a Comment