Sunday 4 November 2012

Z is for ... Zither at the Zenith





Here we are at the ZENITH of the Family History Through the Alphabet Challenge


Many thanks to Alona from Gould for this theme. 
I have thoroughly enjoyed both writing and reading other bloggers posts throughout the challenge.











For the letter Z in this challenge I was always going to write about how my Nana, Daisy Marion Morgan, played the Zither.  

I don't remember hearing her play it as it was quite fragile and it may well have been handed down from her German great grandparents.  
Mum often mentioned the zither and I remember seeing it a couple of times as I was growing up but I don't know what happened to it. 



 My family history through the alphabet list

9 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of a Zither until now. I loved the addition of the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sharon, I don't think a lot of people know what they are as you don't hear them mentioned much at all now.

      Delete
  2. Oh, how beautiful Kerryn. The sound of it tugs at my heartstrings. Although I remember hearing of a "zither", had no idea what it looked like nor the sound of it. Thankyou so much and to think that your Nana, Daisy Marion Morgan, actually played this instrument... I hope it's still somewhere in the family. Thanks again, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine I think they were used a lot to play polkas. I don't think my nana was really a polka type of person but she may have surprised me. :)

      Delete
  3. What a great Z post, Kerryn. Congrats on making it all the way through the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fi, on some letters I'd just go blank, couldn't think of what to write about but something eventually popped into my head albeit sometimes a very small something.

      Delete
  4. I've said throughout that this Challenge has been very educational for me ... I didn't know what a zither was prior to your post ... now I do ;-)

    Thank you for another wonderful post Kerryn, and congrats on making it to the end of our Alphabet Challenge. Thank you so much for joining in and sharing information about your history and family, it has been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit sad that the challenge is over. Thanks for initiating it Alona.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrstulations on reaching the finish line. I hope to catch up soon.

    ReplyDelete